Optometry Services | Optometrist Seattle | Eye exams
Our optometrists are here to serve you at our two locations at Market Optical, Pike Place Market (1906 Pike Place #8, Seattle, WA 98101) and Market Optical, University Village (2602 Northeast University Village Street, Seattle, WA 98105).
Cynthia P. Ruggeiro, OD, MPH Pike Place Market Optical 1906 Pike Place, Suite 8, Seattle, WA 98101 206-448-7739 www.ruggeiro.com
Dr. Ruggeiro has enjoyed practicing at the Pike Place Market Optical for over 16 years. She received her bachelor’s degree and her training in Optometry at the University of California, Berkeley. She was awarded her Doctor of Optometry degree in 1984. She completed a residency in hospital-based optometry in Hyderabad, India and received her Master in Public Health degree from the University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine. Dr. Ruggeiro is very active in our community, volunteering for numerous social service organizations and consulting at the state level to promote healthy vision.
She is co-director of the Millionaire’s Club Charity Eye Clinic in Seattle and is the Washington state consultant for Healthy Eyes Healthy People community grant program. She has donated her services to needy patients in numerous developing countries, through her work with VOSH, and other NGO’s. She is a member of the King County Optometric Society, Optometric Physicians of Washington, the American Optometric Association and the American Public Health Association.
Dr. Ruggeiro offers comprehensive eye examinations with the goal of keeping your eyes healthy and finding the best optical solution for comfortable and efficient sight. Some of the comprehensive services she provides include:
• Diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease conditions, including glaucoma, eye infections, iritis, dry eye, computer vision syndrome; screening for macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic and thyroid eye disease.
• Full dilated eye exams, automated visual field testing, HRT nerve fiber layer analysis, post-operative cataract and LASIK care.
• Specialized contact lens fitting including, contact lenses for astigmatism, gas permeable lenses, bifocal contact lenses, post-surgical contact lens fitting.
Dr. Ruggeiro offers a holistic approach, which includes coordination with your other health care providers. "My philosophy of practice is that good communication with my patients is key, so that they can be equal partners in their care. Although providing excellent treatment is my goal, teaching my patients how they can prevent eye problems is just as important."
Dr. Miranda Cannon & Dr. Mark J. Cannon, Cannon EyeCare at University Village Market Optical, 2602 Northeast University Village Street Seattle, WA 98105 206-522-9323 www.SeattleEyeCareDoctor.com
Doctors Mark and Miranda Cannon are excited to take over the practice in 2015. Mark received his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University, while Miranda received her bachelor’s degree from Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis. They studied optometry at Indiana University School of Optometry and graduated with their optometry doctorates in 2010. They then moved to Seattle to start their careers.
Both Mark and Miranda are members of the American Optometric Association, the Optometric Physicians of Washington, and the King County Optometric Society. In addition, they have both volunteered their services to help underserved populations in Mexico, through the group Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity (VOSH).
Doctors Mark and Miranda Cannon practice optometry with a holistic approach in mind, considering the health of the whole body when diagnosing and treating eye problems and ocular disease. Some of the comprehensive services offered at Cannon EyeCare (inside Market Optical) include:
• Screening for glaucoma with visual field testing, precision eye pressure measurements, serial retinal photography and visualization of the back of the eye
• Refraction to find the best possible prescription glasses for your specific visual demands, including distance, near and intermediate/computer vision
• Contact lens fitting including contacts for astigmatism, multi-focal, and color contact lenses while promoting eye health by selecting breathable lenses for you
• Examination of external eye health to assess the anterior structures of the eye to monitor and treat dry eye disease, iritis, and complications associated with contact lens wear
• Dilation to assess the health of the posterior structures of the eye to monitor for problems such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and problems related to high blood pressure
• Retinal photos to establish a baseline of your healthy eyes and to document changes due to eye disease
• Communicating with your primary care physician or specialists regarding your eye health as needed. Doctors Mark and Miranda Cannon want to be your partners in preserving healthy eyes and good vision throughout your life.
They believe in the importance of educating patients on all relevant medical findings and the steps that may be taken to promote optimal ocular health. They will take the time to help patients understand the different options of corrective lens wear that will meet each individual’s unique visual demands. Insurance plans accepted at this time are Regence, Premera, and Lifewise. As of March 1st 2015, they will accept Group Health. Other plans may reimburse part or all of your exam fees. Dr. Mark and Dr. Miranda are happy to assist you with insurance forms to help you secure a possible reimbursement. Appointments are available Tuesday through Saturday.